Sunday, August 23, 2009

Return to the World of Warcraft

So I have come to realize that there is very little diversity in what to do end-game in Warhammer. Grinding out levels is a royal pain as well, and frankly, I do not have time to play a game that I do not enjoy playing to get to the end-game content.

I have been playing World of Warcraft on the Icecrown server since Patch 1.10, which was Shadows of the Necropolis, better known as when Naxx'ramas 40 was added to the game. That was roughly 4-5 years ago. Since then, WoW has had several changes, some I like and some I don't. Raiding is a lot easier, which is not a good thing in my opinion, although they have achievements that you can attempt, which add back the difficulty that feels lost. Some fights are just so easy though that achievements are no trouble to get.

If I were to rate expansions, Burning Crusade was the best in general, while Wrath of the Lich King was good in balancing out the classes to be on equal footing for the most part (Retribution Paladin is still overpowered and needs to be nerfed). WotLK would have been more aptly named "Wrath of the Recycled Content," as it reused lots of models and old bosses.

However, I was very surprised and genuinely excited when I watched the Cataclysm trailer and read the panels from BlizzCon. They are remaking the face of Azeroth, and opening several new zones, as well as introducing Worgen for the Alliance and Goblins for the Horde. Freaking Worgens!!! Very tempted to reroll Alliance. In addition to this, they are unlocking several new options for race/class combinations. Most notable is the ability for Taurens to become Paladins. I think I will be making use of the Paid Racial Change when it appears.

During the non-WoW time, I have been chasing my son around the house, drawing, or playing Heroes of Newerth, a stand-alone DOTA clone.

*EDIT* Forgot to mention my characters: Vazhra (BE Holy Paladin), Scout Abikutanda (Troll Combat Rogue), Vazh (Undead Death Knight), Bigspoondude (BE Priest), Scout Jelazingo (Troll Hunter), and Polemissedit (placeholder)

No comments: